Print and Production Estimator
Scarborough, Ontario (Hybrid)
Are you looking for an opportunity to advance your career in the print and production estimating field? Come join our dynamic team as we continue to grow our business.
Reporting to the VP of Sales and Marketing, the estimator is responsible for formulating client quotes based on client, client services, and sales rep project specifications relating to data, printing, digital printing, binding, mailing and fulfillment. Using this information, the estimator will be tasked with creating an efficient work production method and utilizing our in-house calculating prices based on labour to develop cost estimates on materials and partner services that allow the job to be to be completed efficiently, profitably and at a competitive price.
A privately held Canadian Company since 1966, Cover-All is in the communication space with clients across a variety of sectors including finance, auto, retail, and consumer goods and services. We are a major player with over 100,000 million pieces of mail processed every year. We offer a fast-paced but relaxed working environment, a benefits package and competitive compensation commensurate with experience. We offer opportunities for mentoring by our experienced staff and advancement potential as a result of our ongoing efforts to grow the business through acquisition. Cover-All has acquired 10 companies in the last 20 years, including the most recent in Jan 2022. We are an equal opportunity employer, and once our employees join, they tend to stay, with an average employee tenure of over 25 years.
We are looking for a self-starter with experience estimating in a print environment to work with an enthusiastic group of people on projects for some of the most recognized brands in Canada. If are looking to grow your skills into data driven variable digital print, this may be the right opportunity for you!
- 1 to 5 years print estimating and production planning.
- Strong mathematical and analytical proficiency.
- Knowledge of printing processes and supply costs.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Computer proficiency using Microsoft Office and estimating software.
- Knowledgeable in data, digital print, print materials and bindery specifications preferred.
- Detail oriented.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive requests for print estimates from client services, clients and sales reps and review specifications for completeness and accuracy. Follow-up with questions and recommendations.
- Create an efficient work production method using in-house calculations based on labour, outputting cost estimates, materials, and partner services, that allow the job to be to be completed efficiently, profitably and at a competitive price.
- Creating and communicate the most efficient work production process to ensure cost-effectiveness.
- Maintain contact with suppliers concerning capabilities, service, or product pricing.
- Work in conjunction with client service staff to coordinate partner services estimates.
- Provide estimates to clients and prospects within the deadlines given by the customer.
- Stay up to date on material costs to ensure the profitability of a job.
- Revise estimates and prices as required.
- Various Reporting.
- Full-time, Permanent.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Family health care, dental care, optical care coverage.
- Great work environment with long-term employees.
- Opportunities for growth and ongoing training and development.
- Hybrid working environment – both in office and remote.
- On-site parking.
- Casual dress.
- 8-hour shift.
- Print Estimating: 1 year minimum (preferred).
If you are interested in joining our team, please send us your resume today at
email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!